BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 12, 2010

New Found Love

Hii!


I'm soo sleeeeppy!! I'm going to have to do this blog entry tom.. sorry :/  But, to let you in on my new found love...........it is........... MAC Siss lipstick!!  I received it in a swap on makeupalley and to my surprise I'm loving it. It's a great nude for me.  *I'll go into further details and post pictures tomorrow!  


Stay tuned


I'M BAACK...Now... onto business.. 
Note: Click on pictures for larger view
L-R: MAC Jubilee & MAC Siss

Top-Bottom: MAC Jubilee & MAC Siss
I took a picture of both these lipsticks because on my lips they are very similar in color.  This is probably because some of my natural lip color is shown through MAC Siss at times.  From the swatches, MAC Jubilee has a sheen/slight glossy texture whereas Siss has none.  Jubilee is a lustre and Siss is a satin.  Siss can be drying so I moisturize my lips beforehand and I always top this lipstick with a gloss (I'm loving it with L'Oreal Colour Juice Berry Burst).  I wouldn't wear Siss by itself because it's not very attractive that way and it does somewhat look like concealer on my lips.  Once gloss is applied the magic happens! See for yourself!
Siss alone
Siss with gloss :)
I think Siss will be my HG nude lip from MAC!! It's a great nude color because it doesn't completely wash me out or make my face look...dare I say it.. PLAIN!  This lipstick works great with a bronzed look.. I paired it with NYC Sunny bronzer for contour and MAC Cheeky Bronze on cheeks.  Of course it will look great with many other looks like a dark smokey eye or whatever you want a nude lip for!  I think Siss would look great on light medium to dark tan skin! For reference, I'm a medium tan in Bare Essentials and about MAC NC40 (I don't use MAC foundation but last time I went in to try one on that's what they told me). I have naturally berry rose lips with some pink. 

Lastly, the only negative I see with Siss is that I can't quickly apply it on the go or without a mirror.  I apply the lipstick then add gloss with a lip brush, so in my opinion it's a bit high maintenance.  It does settle into my fine lines on my lip :( .  So, when I smile you see lines with the color.... BUT!! I still love it :)  Just gota wear it CONFIDENTLY!  For me, all light colored lipsticks are obvious when they settle into my lines when I smile.. If I have time I would add a nude lipliner to mute out my entire lip color then add the lipstick, this way my fine lines shouldn't be as obvious... IF you don't want to deal with all these extras to get this color on your lips, then get MAC Jubilee! MAC Jubilee is a great on the go lipstick and no need for a mirror!

Siss + gloss + SMILE!

I want to share one other thing which is from my most recent makeupalley swap! I finally got my hands on MAC Brave New Bronze (BNB) lipstick!!! The lipstick everyone raves about for a nude lip!  I love the packaging as does everyone else.  BUT, I'm not sure if this lipstick deserves all the hype it has received...... On me it's definitely not a nude lip!  Not like Siss... It's more of a pink on me. I don't really see any brown undertones.. maybe slight peach color but barely!  Take a look.. 

MAC Brave New Bronze swatch

MAC BNB alone

MAC BNB + L'Oreal Colour Juice Berry Burst

Just showing you the lipstick and my lip combo from above together. :)
Lip combo + NYC Sunny for contour + MAC Warm Soul on cheeks
I will keep MAC Brave New Bronze in my collection though :) .  I'm not too in love with it right now, but I can see it being used this Spring and Summer!  It is the best pink lipstick on me that I have compared to my other pink lipsticks.  It's not too flashy and gives you some color.  If I bought this when the collection came out, I don't think I would have purchased a backup. But, still it's a pretty lipstick!

0 comments: