BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

MAC Pret-a-Papier: My Loves & Review

ok so my last 2 posts are about this collection, but now I will try to do a better review on some of the products I purchased.


B L U S H
Garb- This has replaced my NYC Sunny bronzer.  It has great lasting power, about 6-8 hours or more. Love to use this for contouring my cheeks.  It's natural and doesn't' make for any harsh lines.  Can be used alone, but I like to pair it with a blush. Also, I used this on my mom who is very pale and it looked great! I highly recommend this if you don't already have a favorite contouring product.  (I don't think this would work on you if you are much darker than me, as I have to pack on the color a bit for it to show up on me.)  If I could afford a backup I would get one, but I think this one will make it to the CCO because it's not getting much love.

Instant Chic- This is a nice muted coral to add to my collection.  This is not bright on the cheeks and gives a nice flush of color.  It's a nice blush to have if you don't have many pinks/corals in your collection, otherwise I'd probably skip this.  I wouldn't get a backup because I'm more into peach blushes.  

*Both blushes can be built up in color and not look cakey.  They look natural.  Downsides: not very pigmented and need dense brush to pick up the color better.

L I P S T I C K S
Dressmaker Dressmaker- (lustre) LOVE THIS! My favorite spring/summer lipstick!  It's a great peachy pink color.  Reminds me of Missy slimshine (which is more orange).  Love to use this with L'Oreal Colour Juice berry Burst lipgloss!  I want a backup... If you already have and love MAC Shy Girl, I'd pass on this.  But, since Shy Girl didn't work for me, I love Dressmaker!!

Made to Order- This gives off a color that is "My Lip But Better" for me.  It's a sheer version of MAC Viva Glam Cyndi.  I like this for natural days so it's nice to have, but nothing to really rave about.  Also, the lasting power on this is much shorter than my other lustre lipsticks.

* Both these lipsticks pair beautifully with the blushes from this collection :)


Chromagraphic pencil-  I'm interested in this and want to try the NC15 one.  I keep hearing that people are loving it for their waterline.  I tried the NC30 pencil and it was too yellow.  I didn't even bother trying the other pencil.  


What are your thoughts on this collection??

0 comments: