BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MAC Pret-a-Papier: My First Impressions

Let me first say, I been waiting for this collection for maybe 2 months?? I planned on getting Instant Chic blush, Garb blush, Dressmaker lipstick, and Made to Order lipstick and that's exactly what I bought! Here are my thoughts:

I just went this morning to MAC and bought Instant Chic & Garb blushes and Dressmaker & Made to Order l/s. I tried all of these on at the counter as well as the chromagraphic pencil in NC30? on my waterline. I'm not a fan on the pencil, it was too yellow for me and didn't last on my waterline, plus it looked weird that I used that color to line my waterline, I didn't even bother to try the other pencil, o well. The pencil does apply easily and smoothly, pretty creamy!

Now for the blushes! LOVE! If you are into the NATURAL look. Both these blushes were hard to get a good swatch of and seemed not very pigmented, but before I said forget it, I tried it on with MAC brush 116 which picks up the color better than my finger! Garb works as a great natural contour. I'm medium skin (prolly NC40 on lighter side) with yellow undertones. Took me a bit to get Garb to show up but it's very natural and light so it's nothing obvious. Shows up as a light tan color, no orange tone on me or peach.

INSTANT CHIC swatched powdery/cakey and ehh not pleasing when swatched. But, I didn't want to give up on it, so with same brush I brushed it on my cheeks! It's a nice muted coral pink, doesn't look anything like the swatch on my hand (swatch was lighter). Was not powdery at all on my cheeks.

First picture is me with both blushes on and second picture is with Dressmaker lipstick.


Coral Crepe paintpot is nice if you are going to use it. I tried it on my lids, but wasn't blown away simply because I rarely wear e/s anyway. I think those with darker skintones won't like the blushes as I don't think they will show up as well.. Garb barely showed on me and I had to pack it on a bit. Hope this helps you all! Let me know if you are convinced! haha :P


-blush swatches (when I swatched Garb it looked different from Temptalia..)


0 comments: